PLAYLIST I MADE FOR A DUDE TO SHOW THAT I'M SUPER OVER HIM (RIGHT??)
I will not be sharing this with him or mailing it as an anonymous mix CD like I originally thought was a good idea at 1am last night. This is so intimate and sad, forgive me. HERE'S A LINK: https://open.spotify.com/user/sarah.gorman/playlist/2bLfCL8lY9ooDXM3Abue4w (Except #1 is Tidal only sry guys)
- •"Ultralight Beam" Kanye WestThis song just belongs as the opening to all playlists and records and events in life
- •"Sunday Candy" Donnie Trumpet & The Social ExperimentThis is the song I just discovered that made me say, "Damn, I bet he'd like this song! I wish I could share it with him."
- •"i" Kendrick LamarJust to let him know that I love myself
- •"This Way" Dilated Peoples feat. Kanye WestThis was like a favorite song of mine for a long time before I met him idk it felt right to include my past like, this is who I was when we met ugh BARF
- •"90210" WaleNo idea why I included this, the more I listen the more I think it's kind of sexist? But it's a jam? Idk this is to throw him off the careful song selection and make things seem CHILL bc it has nothing to do with either of our lives
- •"Heartbeat" Childish Gambino"I wanted you to know that I am ready to go"
- •"True Affection" The Blow"I was out of your league and you were 20,000 underneath the sea"
- •"True Affection" Father John MistyI kind of hate this song but also love it? I also thought it was a really cool move to include two songs with the same name in a row. Plus it talks about how we should talk IRL instead over devices which is annoying to say but very true esp in this specific case
- •"Some Things Never Seem To Fucking Work" SolangeOkay now the messaging is getting more obvious, do you get it yet????
- •"Goodbye Stranger" SupertrampI love this song and wanted to throw in something fun and unexpected so he'd be like oh man Sarah she was so fun and unexpected (I'm not) I really fucked that up!!!! Also BYE
- •"Winterbreak" MUNAA girl I was friends with in college's sister is in this band and she keeps sharing links on fb and MAN THEY R SO COOL!!! Moody synth all female band, damn they are cool and apparently blowing up rn. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST. Anyway this song talks about heartbreak after Winter Break that feels right even though I'm a grown up
- •"You're Not the One" Sky FerreiraYou're not the one!!!! That's why I took the time to make you this thoughtful playlist!!! To send that message!!!