THINGS THAT TASTE LIKE MY CHILDHOOD
Inspired by @roaringsoftly, et al
- •Ocean Spray Cranberry JuiceMy mom worked for Ocean Spray growing up, so we always had this in our house. My sister made fun of me because I told her we grew up in a "juice house." It's true though.
- •Campbell's Supper BakesOur family was addicted to these disgustingly delicious box dinners. They were so good!!! They have sadly been discontinued RIP
- •LobsterI think I came out of the womb eating lobster
- •Quisp cerealMy mom used to buy this bygone cereal and it was SO good, like if Kix and Chex had a baby. So good!
- •Lacey's Florentine CookiesChocolate toffee amazingly tasty, crunchy, chewy delights. Our whole family went crazy for them. These are the best cookies aside from those soft sugar cookies with frosting on them that you can buy at gas stations.
- •YoCrunchExclusively how I consumed yogurt in my formative years
- •Kudos BarsExclusively how I consumed granola bars in my formative years
- •BolognaI used to really like Bologna sandwiches? Don't think I've had one since I was ten years old. I imagine if I did kindergarten would come rushing back. It seems gross now but also I bet it's amazing.
- •Spinach PizzaMy mom used to buy frozen spinach pizzas and my sister and I would devour them as toddlers, we loved vegetables especially with cheese and cream.
- •Cinnamon Sugar Bagel with Butter and Extra Cinnamon SugarFrom Atlantic Bagel and Coffee Co. in Hingham, MA. Probably had this every weekend as a kid.
- •Caprese without the tomatoes on slices of baguetteMy mom would make Caprese but I didn't like tomatoes so I'd just put mozzarella and basil on slices of baguette I WAS GROSS
- •Chocolate cake with cream cheese frostingFrom a place called Maggie's Corner. Absolutely incredible and we had it on every birthday. The combo is unbeatable.