TOP 10 BILLY JOEL SONGS, RANKED THIS TIME BY ME
Inspired by @BWN_7. I can't not!!!! I am so passionate about this. I might be a Billy Joel hipster which feels like an oxymoron. But I have strong feelings that include "Only The Good Die Young" not being Top 10 because it has been too annoyingly appropriated by the Internet, okay bye
- •Why Should I WorryYeah you're damn right this song from Oliver and Company is Top 10, this song is a jam
- •Don't Ask Me WhyUnderrated great Joel song
- •Piano ManClassic, timeless, obviously belongs on this list, but not as masterful as some of his others JUST BEING HONEST
- •She's Always A Woman To MeA close to perfect love song, genuine and unpretentious
- •My LifeYeah like this song gets you so amped I'm sorry I love it okay
- •Movin' OutThere's a reason so many of these songs are from "The Stranger," it's a perfect album. This song is so Joel, telling the stories of the people he grew up with. That's the best Joel. Plus that part where he goes ack-ack-ack rocks
- •New York State of MindICONIC. Deserves the place in cultural history that Piano Man is currently taking up, but it still gets a lot of credit because it's so great
- •Summer, Highland FallsOne of Joel's favorite songs he's ever written, it is a deep cut we all need to wake up to. The piano skills on this song are other worldly. The lyrics are hecka relatable. It's so great!!!
- •ViennaAnother one of Joel himself's favorites, this song is damn near perfect. Dare you not to tear up.
- •Scenes From An Italian RestaurantVienna would personally be my favorite but this is number one because it is Billy Joel's OPUS, by far his most impressive and on brand work. It's like three songs wrapped into one, telling the stories of the broken dreams of the working class kids he grew up with at a Red Sauce Italian place. The picture is so vivid. If aliens wanted to know what Billy Joel was about I'd play them this, yes this and not PIANO MAN ok bye