RULES FOR DRIVING (SAFELY)
- •ALWAYS assume other drivers are distractedBetter safe than sorry.
- •Don't be over confident
- •Don't drive in fear
- •Do not start the car if passengers are not fastenedSimple, safe, solid rule to follow at all times. Whatsoever.
- •When the light goes green, don't start immediatelyYou wouldn't do this if you were carrying a baby, don't do it if you're carrying yourself. There could always be someone running late, driving past red lights. Wait for at least 2 seconds before accelerating.
- •When a road is one way only, look BOTH ways before crossingUnnecessary you say? Someone may be committing an exceptional illegality, or simply not realize they're going against traffic. LIFE OVER LOGIC, you guys.
- •You have absolutely NO responsibility to answer to texts or to people talking to youIn other words, you are allowed to be what may be considered 'rude' (but actually isn't!)You DO have a responsibility of your safety and those inside the car
- •Texts can waitWhatever it is. It can wait.
- •Check before you open your door once you're parkedThis is a no brainer