I HEART JOHN STEINBECK
Quotes from his books. Add 'Travels With Charley:In Search of America' to your reading list, please.
- •I wonder how many people I've looked at all my life and never seen.
- •I guess there are never enough books.
- •If a story is not about the hearer, he will not listen. And here I make a rule- a great and interesting story is about everyone or it will not last.
- •Thoughts are slow and deep and golden in the morning.
- •I hate cameras. They are so much more sure than I am about everything.
- •All great and precious things are lonely.
- •Maybe ever'body in the whole damn world is scared of each other.
- •Sometimes, a lie is told in kindness. I don't believe it ever works kindly. The quick pain of truth can pass away, but the slow, eating agony of a lie is never lost.
- •I have lost all sense of home, having moved about so much. It means to me now- only that place where the books are kept.