TODAY'S PIE EXPERIMENTS
- •Coconut CreamMade with a coconut milk pastry cream, and my almost-perfected all-butter crust. Topped with a pile of whipped cream. Delicious.
- •Peach StreuselUsed tapioca flour as a thickener. A little to gel-like, but flour is too pasty. Try again.
- •French SilkDeep chocolate flavor and perfectly smooth. I think it's a go!
- •Blackberry-AppleUsed a mix of flour and cornstarch. Also too gel-like. Ugh. Also swapped vodka for water in the dough to see if the crust would be flakier. Just made the dough obnoxiously soft, and more rip-able when rolling. Try again.
- •Extra-Credit: Apricot GalettesGood. Not great, but good. Try again.