Books I Have Read More Than Once
These books are like chicken soup for my soul.
- •The Nightingale, Kristen HannahI've read this book a total of 3 times and each time it touched my heart. A fictional story about two French sisters trying to survive Nazi France.
- •The Host, Stephenie MeyersJust because the movie was awful, doesn't mean the book itself was bad. I truly got attached to the characters.
- •In the Shadow of the Banyan, Vaddey RatnerA great novel, that puts you in the shoes of a young Cambodian girl, who had to grow up faster to survive. Really gave me perspective on my own mother's struggle in fleeing Pol Pot.
- •Imagined Communities, Benedict AndersonThis book isn't for your average reader, it's a historical monograph that introduces new ideas on nationalism and new perspectives on nationality. I read it a couple of times for a history research paper and enjoyed it every time.
- •The Alchemist, Paolo CoelhoNot a favorite, but I did read it more than twice. This book has become a millennial favorite, giving people hope to travel and seek their dreams, but it was just not my cup of tea.