SONGS IN GYPSY, RANKED BY HOW FUN THEY ARE TO SING
Not that I can sing, mind you.
- •All I Really Need is the GirlGot my striped tie, got my hopes high, got the time and the place and I've got rhythm, now all I need's a girl to go with them....It's just such an awesome line, and don't forget how needs rhymes with tweeds earlier in the song. Big love, Sondheim, big love.
- •Some PeopleI actually feel these lyrics. Also I do a decent Ethel Merman impression without trying too hard. Plus the superfast lines, good riddance to all the places I had to go to all the theaters I had to play, getting those out with good timing makes me feel excited, like a Broadway star.
- •Mr GoldstoneI actually know all the words and can skip them out pretty fast and this never fails to impress dorks.
- •If Mama was MarriedI really like the way the melody rises and falls in big giant swoops
- •Dainty June and her FarmboysI can't tell you how many times I have randomly burst out yelling about my new cow, my moo cow named Caroline.
- •Let me Entertain YouI like the kiddie version. The sexy stripper one is too over-the-top, kind of embarrasses me.
- •Together, Wherever we GoThis is a fun little ditty to sing and embarrass your friends at work.
- •You Gotta Get a GimmickLook, I love the song but it's entry-level Gypsy karaoke. That said, I will never tire of casually saying "if you gotta bump it, bump it with a trumpet."
- •Everything's Coming Up RosesI can't really sing the song. It belongs to my dad, really. I appreciate the fuck out of it though.