HOW I WROTE TODAY
Started serious work on a new screenplay today. Idea has been hatching for months but today it's on the fucking page.
- •With a Christmas cookie candle burning on the printer stand.
- •With Eminem and Beyoncé screaming at me.
- •With a blue pen that ran out of ink. Then I used a Sharpie.
- •Using Evernote.
- •Using Highland.
- •On Post Its. Pink. And once on one that looks like a Hawaiian shirt.
- •On a legal pad.
- •On old day calendar pages. (The backs are blank.)
- •On big blue index cards.
- •On photo cards for the printer that were free with said printer. Glossy. Must use only ballpoint pen.
- •In spurts.
- •Channeling Rhimes, Schumer, Spielberg, Shakespeare, Sorkin, and Lamott.
- •Sitting down which feels like a failure since I have a new standing desk.
- •Facing the wall.