THE AFTERMATH (OR NOVEMBER 1ST)
I live in a neighborhood of LA that's just south of a really fancy neighborhood: Hancock Park. People who live there are movers and shakers (think the mayor and Shonda and diplomats). And most mornings I walk north, through Hancock Park to get my exercise on, because it's way nicer than my hood and the gardeners and staff are super friendly.
- •I walked early, like 6:45 early and Halloween is still everywhere. But almost, not quite sad Halloween. And here's some of what I saw:
- •Some candy wrappers but a lot of lost candy. In several piles in several places. Poor kid with the hole in her bag...
- •Effort when into the decorations in this hood. Movement activated giant blow up spiders and cats that had eyes that followed me as I moved along more quickly.
- •A grave yard with not one but two tombstones marking Donald Trump's Nov. 9th demise. And in front? Donald masks. Kinda a lot for a kid's night.
- •A lot of dog poop. Way more than ever.
- •No snails. I always see snails. I rescue them and move them to green areas from the concrete. I fear for them.
- •So much discarded food. Like ribs and nachos and chicken. Who is walking around eating meals and leaving them on the grass by the skeletons?!
- •Many crushed energy drink cans. I get that. But bottles in paper sacks? Hoping that wasn't the parents.
- •A baby stroller on the curb of a very busy intersection. Hoping it was part of a costume.
- •A superman cape on my corner. I'm hoping he comes back for it...