PERILS & PERKS: SINGING IN A SMALL GROUP
Observations. Perils. Perks.
- •Trust in your fellow performers is paramount. You
- •Be vulnerable. It's when the best moments happen.
- •Don't let personal issues interfere with the music.Don't always like each other? You know who cares? Nobody but you. Don't let that show.
- •Accept responsibility when you F-up.Don't pass the buck here, friends. It makes you look like a jerk. Be real.
- •Be in the moment when you're onstage. Connect with your group and the audience. Everyone can tell when you're not all there.
- •Take criticism, whether positive or negative, with grace.Side note: you choose how you respond to critiques. Choose to be graceful and learn from it.
- •Share the spotlight. Sometimes you get to be the star, sometimes you are backup. Check your ego at the door.