BEST DEBUTS OF 2015
2015 was another great year for debuts! Two of these books (Bull Mountain, My Sunshine Away) also made my overall Best Books of 2015 list.
- •Bull Mountain by Brian PanowichLiterary Grit Lit thriller
- •Girl at War by Sara NovicStory of a young girl's experience growing up in wartime Croatia
- •My Sunshine Away by M.O. WalshSouthern literary fiction with a bit of suspense
- •Our Endless Numbered Days by Claire FullerA "quiet until it's not" book about a young girl taken by her survivalist father to live in a remote woods.
- •Pretty Ugly by Kirker ButlerSatire about child beauty pageants
- •The Gates of Evangeline by Hester YoungSouthern family drama page turner
- •The Shore by Sara TaylorGritty, raw linked short stories set on the Eastern Shore of Virginia, spanning multiple centuries
- •The Star Side of Bird Hill by Naomi JacksonComing of age story with generational and cultural clashes set mostly in Barbados