PROS AND CONS: MY HOMETOWN
I love Wilmington, NC but I also hate it.
- •Pro: The beach is a short drive awayI can be at my favorite beach ever in 10-15 minutes
- •Con: The beach is a short drive awayLiving so close to the beach my whole life means that I don't appreciate it as much as I should 😕
- •Pro: Cute little downtown areaDowntown Wilmington has a lot of cute shops and restaurants/bars. Also, downtown has historic landmarks that are interesting to see/tour (pic: cute piece from a shop downtown)
- •Con: Gets super hot in the summerI hate the heat (even though I'm a summer baby) and the temperature is usually in the 90s during the summer and can get up to the 100s.
- •Pro: Can be in Raleigh in about 2 hours, Charlotte in about 3.5, and Asheville in about 5.5.North Carolina overall has a lot to offer, and where I live I'm not too far from it.
- •Con: Crazy traffic + bad driversSeriously, we had family visit from Long Island and comment on the traffic and drivers here.
- •Pro: Southern CharmGood southern food, nice old ladies, and good manners
- •Con: Southern BigotryConfederate flags are everywhere and we have a homophobic/transphobic governor. Oh my god, and the gun lovers! I hate it so much!
- •I'm probably going to think of more but that's all for now!