A New Thing I Learned Today
And a really easy recipe I followed.
- •The water in a can of chickpeas is called AGUAFABA and it can be used as a substitute for EGG WHITES.I'm sorry if this is old news but I found out today, and mind: blown.
- •So I found a recipe and made it for my honey for Valentine's Day.
- •⬆️recipe I used ⬆️
- •First step is the raw crust. Chopped dates mashed together with chopped almonds. EASY.
- •Step two: pour the liquid (aquafaba!!) out of a can of chick peas and beat until you get those stiff peaks. Add sugar gradually. I also added vanilla, not in the recipe.
- •Step 3, my addition to the recipe: a simple raspberry sauceBerries cooked over medium heat with a dash of sugar
- •Step 4: I don't have a photo but I melted chocolate in the microwave and then followed the directions in the recipe to fold it into the whip. Pretty easy.
- •Et voilá!
- •If I do this again, I will alter a couple of the ratios in the recipe: less aguafaba, because I felt the cup of chocolate was too thinned out, and less dates/more almonds. The crust was a bit too sweet/chewy for my taste and I would have preferred a more crunchy/nutty flavor.But I give this recipe ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ and the creative use of chickpea water ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️!!