Books to Feel Nostalgic About
Or, books I read multiple times as a kid/teen, in no particular order.
- •The Golden Compass, by Philip PullmanThis girl was my hero. Don't forget books 2 and 3 of the series, The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass.
- •Tuck Everlasting, by Natalie Babbitt*sigh*
- •Little Women, by Louisa M. AlcottTears. The first time I read this, probably around age 11, I was confused because I didn't realize Jo was a girl! Don't worry, I figured it out soon enough.
- •The Ear, the Eye and the Arm, by Nancy FarmerTalk about a futuristic nail-biter!
- •The Giver, by Lois LowryA game-changer. The ending haunted me.
- •The Outsiders by S. E. HintonStay gold, Ponyboy.
- •Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret, by Judy BlumeJust yes.
- •A Little Princess, by Frances Hodgson BurnettRead it the first time because her name was Sarah, like me.
- •Charlotte's Web, by E. B. WhiteA story about friendship. I grew up near the author's old house and got to visit his land and the old barn with the rope swing.
- •The Little House on the Prairie series, by Laura Ingalls WilderReading an entire series multiple times is no small feat for a little girl, but I did it.