ORGANIZATIONAL OVERKILL [is it, though??] AT THE OFFICE
How do YOU guys stay on top of shit?
- •It's been a month, and I love my new job, I really do. But it's been a bit of an adjustment. What follows are a few ways I stay organized.
- •Desktop calendarThe big stuff, like all-day trainings, pay days, holidays, due dates for projects, etc.
- •My planner (monthly/weekly format)Personal appointments. Also has lined pages for personal to-do lists. Which of course I think about at work.
- •Weekly checklistItems that come up during the day related to client needs/documentation/insurance to-do's. Monday-Friday on one page. Satisfies the urge to check things off a list.
- •Post-it notesFleeting memos or confidential info I won't need later
- •Care Logic (online documentation system) schedule page, and client caseload list.Client appointments. Daily schedule. More children than I can physically possibly see in one week.
- •Microsoft Outlook calendar/to do listFlag an email and it turns into a to do item. Often redundant with weekly checklist but keeps important emails from getting lost in the shuffle, although I feel more grounded by a paper and pen list. (See checking thing off, above)
- •Li.stFor lists about how you feel about the other lists.
- •Wine listWhen you've had it up to HERE with the aforementioned lists.
- •You think my hands are full? You should see my heart. Hashtag Social Work. ❤️