THINGS THAT HAVE SOOTHED ME SINCE THE ELECTION
Inspired by @roaringsoftly
- •Eating what I want, when I want. Sleeping in. Doing yoga. Getting my hair did. Spending time with girlfriends, really connecting.If there ever was a time for self care, this is it!
- •Ongoing group text with my sister, cousins, and aunts. Lady power. Lifting each other up. Validating each other's feelings. Making each other laugh.It's been such a comfort to have family at my fingertips, as I am the only one down here in the south.
- •MusicEspecially strong female voices
- •Sweeping, doing laundry, taking care of my plants... the little things that bring order to our lives and create just a little bit of clarity within a chaotic week.
- •Pantsuit Nation on FacebookI spent ages on Wednesday reading through positive stories from men and women who supported Hillary. The comments on each story are SO supportive, inclusive, and loving.
- •This guyHas been extra cuddly this week. Maybe he can sense the disturbance, the seismic shift in our reality?
- •This skyThe world is still turning and it is still full of beauty
- •This guyBringing a smile to my face from day one.
- •This skyBreathe in, breathe out, repeat
- •This guyThis sweet, sweet dog. Oh, Milo.
- •This skyLights the fire within me.