Top 5 Songs on "Let It Be"
- •Across the UniverseThe poetry astounds me and speaks to the hopeful existentialist in me, and the lilting melody is so dreamy.
- •Two of UsSweet harmonies, sweet love, sweet imagery, nice rhythm, and I have a soft spot for songs about Home.
- •Let it BeI dare you to listen to this song on a day when your heart is feeling fragile and not shed a tear or five. I find Paul's voice in this one so comforting.
- •I Me MineMy brain doesn't quite get one this but my body/soul eats it right up. There's an underlying agony in what feels at times like a fight song.
- •Dig a PonyThis was The Long and Winding Road until just now when I listened to the album and the song didn't hold my attention. Dig a Pony though, is a sleeper—you kinda forget it exists and then you hear it and it's SO ENJOYABLE. You can celebrate anything you want! It's a love song that sneaks up on you.
- •About the process: 1-3 were no-brainers. #4 was a 3 way tie and didn't become clear until the album was played all the way through. #5 was a surprise, originally lost the #4 spot but snuck up and grabbed #5 when the original contender didn't live up to my memory of it.