BOOKS I'VE STARTED AND THE LIKELIHOOD I WILL FINISH THEM
On a scale of #goals to #lol
- •War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy. Start date: 2011-2015For every 80 pages I read and then forget to keep reading, I have to reread 60 of those pages before I can pick up where I left off. But in my grad school statement of purpose, I said I was going to be a Russian lit scholar. The least I can do in memory of my ambitious nature is read this before I die.
- •White Girls by Hilton Als. Start date: 2015Dense and liquid and gorgeous. Can't rush this one.
- •My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante. Start date: 2015If I don't finish it, it's because I found out I'm dying soon and needed to finish War and Peace first.
- •Moby Dick by Herman Melville. Start date: 2008No.
- •Utilitarianism by John Stuart Mill. Start date: 2015Put it in my bag because the title is very large type and makes me look smart from a distance. Will pick it up again if I need to impress someone far away.
- •Bible by Moses, et al. Start date: 1995The Old Testament is tough, okay.