The Case for Half Birthdays
Does anyone else celebrate theirs?
- •My real bday is in the summer, and always fell right when everyone took their last family vacation before school started again.
- •So I always had small birthday parties growing up because all my friends were traveling and doing cool stuff.
- •Because of this, my mom always made a big deal of my half birthday, which happens to also be Valentine's Day.
- •I always had a Valentines/Half Bday party where we would make crafts and decorate cookies and whatnot. It was THE BEST.
- •Also, my first year of college my mom texted a bunch of my friends on V Day and told them to wish me a happy 1/2 bday.(We all had sent our parents our friend's phone numbers for safety/"just in case" #college)
- •That's how important that day is to me. My mom does the most. ❤️
- •In conclusion, I love half birthdays and think everyone should embrace theirs, ESPECIALLY us poor summer birthday kids.
- •The end.