The greatest dam layover [8 Hours in Amsterdam]
Shoutout to @franksars for his list on recommendations!
- •Due to my jet-lagged disoriented state I didn't spend as much time in the city as I would have liked but it was still a success!
- •Did a canal tour with the coolest guide/driver
- •Saw LOTS of the major sights such as the Anne Frank House, houseboats galore, other notable homes of artists/important people and other historical buildings (pictured: view from the canal)
- •Since the only really iconic thing I didn't see on the boat tour was the Rijksmuseum I made it my mission to get there before departing
- •After taking lots of wrong routes and assuming every large, red brick building was the museum, I finally made it! It was a trek
- •Snagged a pic with the iamsterdam sign too. Yes I realize the s is backwards but the back of the thing was way less overpopulated than the front. Trade offs.
- •Then attempted to pass through the Red Light District on my way back to Centraal Station but somehow I managed to go around it or something cause I never found it. Whoops.
- •Those are the highlights; I also stopped by some cute shops/galleries on my way in each direction. Had so much fun! Such a clean and lively place.
- •I also feel the need to make a public apology to the bikers of Amsterdam for my disoriented state. Twice I forgot I was walking in the bike lane. I AM SO SORRY
- •Oh final addendum also saw the palace/castle/whatever it is called there. STUNNING I tell you
- •Phew made my way back through customs/security and have way too much time to spare but this airport is also real cool.
- •Amsterdam, I'll be back someday for a longer trip! Hopefully ill be better rested next time around so I can really take it all in