The Time I Served Ice Cream to George Lucas
As requested by @ErinFlaherty. This is a true story that happened last year.
- •It was just a normal day of scooping ice cream at work.It was pretty quiet actually, not much going on.
- •All of a sudden the person I was working with (who happened to be a fellow nerd) whispered to me, "Sarah look, it's George Lucas." I looked up and yes, it was actually him over there reading the menu.I'd heard that he'd been in a few times in the past. Apparently he spends a lot of time in Chicago.
- •While the cashier rang him up, we argued over who would make his order.
- •When his order came on our screen, we were relieved to see that he ordered two things. We agreed to each make one.
- •We gave him his ice cream and told him to have a good day.We're not allowed to gush over celebrities when they come in, or even ask for a quick photo with them. We had no choice but to play it cool while he was there and then freak out once he left.
- •He left his receipt on the counter so I kept it. Obviously.
- •To this day I regret not asking my boss for the security camera footage.Although maybe it's not too late to get it...