Things My Dad Liked to Do
It's his birthday today
- •See movies by himself then email me his rating from 1-10Then come home and look up the "goofs" on IMDB. These were shared in a follow-up email.
- •Remind me how much money I owed him
- •Eat Kraft singles as a snack
- •Call people by their initials
- •Keep a stack of Porscheforus magazines in the backseat and stick them under people's windshields in parking lots
- •Take a photo of me every month on the 23rd to "document my growth." They are all collected in a binder like trading cards.
- •Buy an Entemann's pound cake on Sunday, slice the whole thing up and wrap each piece in tin foil to bring to work
- •Tape Regis every morning and watch it the second he got home from work
- •Listen to WOR or Q104 in the car
- •Document everything he ate in an Excel spreadsheet
- •Go tanning with his socks onYes, in a tanning bed. He said he needed the Vitamin D.
- •Keep an address book of celebrities and our actual friends as if there was no distinctionThe Sobelson's were next to Jerry Seinfeld. Mike Brall was next to Christie Brinkley. Jodi Ladden was next to Cyndi Lauper
- •Embody a Jewish baby boomer from Brooklyn