BOOKS ON MY BEDSIDE TABLE I'M SUPPOSEDLY GOING TO READ AT SOME POINT SOON
- •AdaI'm told it's a "classic" and I loved Lolita and it was in the laundry room lending library. But I've yet to read a word (unless you count the title).
- •H Is for HawkAstonishing reviews made me git it. And her essays in the NY Times mag. And yet. And yet. The spine remains uncrack'd.
- •The BoatmakerA publicist I like/respect sent it to me and it looks nice and such but who has time when there's so much listmaking to be done.
- •The Book of AronAnother freebie. And Jim Shepherd after all (not to be confused with the Jim who wrote The Basketball Diaries). Did I misspell his name? Anyhoo, haven't read it yet. Heard it had to so with the Holocaust and you know how I feel about that.
- •The Opposite of SpoiledHow to make my kid not be a jackass? Okay. But I still haven't consulted it. Is there a @list cheat sheet?
- •My Brilliant FriendEveryone raves. Everyone.
- •The Girl Who Was Saturday NightI started it and was loving it but then put it down for too long and now I have to start from the top, which can be so dispiriting.
- •The Season of MigrationMy neighbor Nellie Hermann wrote it and she's really sweet and has a little dog my son likes to pet.
- •The Night of the GunI'm actually about half way through but lost steam