SHOWS I WATCHED AT OSF IN ASHLAND OREGON
For those of you planning a trip to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival here are my very brief reviews
- •Head Over Heals. A world premiere musical set in Arcadia with music from the GoGo's (yes, the GoGo's). Wins for costumes! Play by Jeff Whitty
- •Long Days Journey into Night. We were speechless. Four hours long and I'd see it again tomorrow. Eugene O'Neill's Autobiographical play
- •Pericles. The most popular show at OSF right now and well deserving. Staged in the Thomas theater (black box). Intimate, spare and beautiful. William Shakespeare.
- •Secret Love in Peach Blossom Land. Another world premiere. Cute. Stan Lai, Playwright and Director
- •Antony and Cleopatra. I love Shakespeare but die already Antony, die!
- •Fingersmith. Another world premiere. A Victorian 3 Act Drama with a surprise twist and change of perspective at every turn. With an added surprise of sensual sex scenes between the two female leads (both amazing!) A surprise to me but clearly not to the mostly female audience. This was the dark horse. Alexa Junge, playwright.
- •A shout out to our favorite place to eat and drink: the Brickroom. Thank you Peter!!