LEMONADE LYRICS ADAPTED FOR MY V BASIC WHITE LADY LIFE
I love Lemonade. It's not really for me, about my experience, etc. That's cool. I love it anyway. Still trying to unpack my love for it, tbh. *drunk listing*
- •"What's worse, lookin' jealous or crazy, jealous or crazy / Or like being walked all over lately, walked all over lately / I'd rather be crazy."What's worse looking eager or lazy, eager or lazy / Or like I was an intern lately, was an intern lately / I'd rather be lazy"
- •"With his gun and his head held high, he told me not to cry""My father doesn't own a gun, we don't talk about our feelings"
- •"I got hot sauce in my bag / swag""I have Advil in my purse / nurse"
- •"She too smart to crave material things / She grinds from Monday to Friday / Works from Friday to Sunday ""She became pretty wary of consumerism in college / she works 9-5 Monday thru Friday / goes to brunch on the weekends"
- •"Wicked, my spirit inspired me / Like yeah, open correctional gates in higher desert / Yeah, open our mind as we cast away oppression / Yeah, open the streets and watch our beliefs / And when they carve my name inside the concrete, I pray it forever reads, 'Freedom!'""I'm very privileged / but like I am Jewish / So I have thoughts about oppression in a Biblical and or mid century way / some anti-Semitic shit on Twitter / but mostly I am hella privileged / this song makes me feel like I could run for a sec"
- •"He better call Becky with the good hair.""There was a girl in my middle school named Becky who goes by Rebecca now"