Already on li.st? Open in app.
I drove from Austin to Santa Fe for my GFs birthday
- •Danny. He was our shuttle driver from our hotel. He's about 70 and has more stories that most. He was a musician, ski instructor, studied ballet and knew tons about the area.
- •The view from the hotel. The Lodge.
- •Seeing the Georgia O'Keeffe museum. I didn't know about how diverse her paintings were. For instance, this painting really wowed me.
- •I have thick luxurious hair.
- •I love my high paying job in Hollywood.
- •My wife, Beyoncé, treats me amazingly. It's true love.
I love Gene Wilder. Here's some things I remember.
- •The Producers (1967). As Leo Bloom, he was just perfect. The reactions to Zero Mostel are so perfectly timed. The blanket scene is just hilarious. "It's a minor compulsion."
- •Blazing Saddles (1974). He did a great job as the drunk, down on his luck fastest man in the west. The scene where he explains getting shot in the ass by a kid cracks me up. Also "I like to screw, play chess, .... Screw." .... "We'll play chess."
- •Young Frankenstein (1974). One of the strengths of Wilder was being able to be off the chain crazy. Scary. Ominous. This movie scared me as a kid. I didn't get what was happening. :)
Screw juicing. This is Beetle Juicing. Mind. Powers. Activated.
- •Breakfast tacos. Breakfast tacos. Breakfast tacos.
- •100% raise. 100% raise. 100% raise.
- •Sex. Sex. Sex.
- •I have a random bruise on my arm. A bad one. No idea what happened. Maybe alien abduction in the night?
- •It's really. Really. Too damn hot. I've reached the point where I'm just done. It was 107 when I got in my car. Funk that!
- •When I get a bit cranky or sad I play a lot of blues guitar. That often leads to sore hands and forearms. Also my finger tips are all tore up. I truly suffer for my art. 😜
We decided to drive to some beat up old towns nearby. Fun times. 🤓