THINGS I LOOK FORWARD TO WHEN TRAVELING ALONE FOR THE FIRST TIME
I'm 33 and I feel like I'm pretty late to the party when it comes to traveling alone...planning to go to Thailand in February and trying to figure out what I want to get out of that.
- •Being aloneI'm so proud of myself. For years I used to equate being alone with being lonely (not intellectually but emotionally). I consider it the biggest growth as a person I've gone through yet to know that this has changed.
- •Thai food.My mouth waters just thinking about it.
- •Summer in February.Gonna cheat the seasons. I feel like a wizard being able to just skip my least favorite month.
- •The ocean.
- •Meeting peopleThis one I'm also scared of. What if I have a hard time meeting people I actually like and start feeling lonely? What if I meet someone I'm attracted to?
- •DivingI really wanna. Will I actually have the guts to do it?
- •Come back as a person ready to become a mother.For a few years now I have the "i need to do x before" conversation with myself. That's the last item on my list. Proving to myself that I have really evolved and done something I was always afraid of should be the last piece of the puzzle.
- •NatureBeaches, forests, mountains...I don't care. I have this choking need for vast landscapes that I'm ignoring everyday...envisioning myself there equals freedom.