HOW YOU KNOW YOU'RE AT A WOMENS CONFERENCE
TED Women took place in Monterey, California this week. Here's how I figured out where I was.
- •At 3pm, you hear the Indigo Girls rehearsing outside your hotel window for the opening night fiesta.
- •Guys move as quickly as possible in the other direction.
- •Jane Fonda screams "fuck the President!" into a microphone.
- •"Festive" fans are handed out.
- •Bartenders can't refill the wine fast enough.
- •So many flowers.
- •Grilled pineapple with cinnamon is a dessert.
- •Floral headwreaths.
- •Middle aged woman dances under heatlamp to Indigo Girls hit "Galileo."
- •Long stem roses are handed out just because.
- •The Indigo Girls play to a screaming crowd. SCREAMING.The only man near me says, "the one on the left looks like Mick Jagger."
- •Jimmy Carter is there.
- •You order a cheese plate and cheesecake from room service. Instead of feeling bad, you feel blessed. 🙏🏼