HOW YOU KNOW YOU'RE AT A WOMENS CONFERENCE
TED Women took place in Monterey, California this week. Here's how I figured out where I was.
- 1.At 3pm, you hear the Indigo Girls rehearsing outside your hotel window for the opening night fiesta.
- 2.Guys move as quickly as possible in the other direction.
- 3.Jane Fonda screams "fuck the President!" into a microphone.
- 4."Festive" fans are handed out.
- 5.Bartenders can't refill the wine fast enough.
- 6.So many flowers.
- 7.Grilled pineapple with cinnamon is a dessert.
- 10.Floral headwreaths.
- 11.Middle aged woman dances under heatlamp to Indigo Girls hit "Galileo."
- 12.Long stem roses are handed out just because.
- 13.The Indigo Girls play to a screaming crowd. SCREAMING.The only man near me says, "the one on the left looks like Mick Jagger."
- 14.Jimmy Carter is there.
- 15.You order a cheese plate and cheesecake from room service. Instead of feeling bad, you feel blessed. 🙏🏼