An average day. And as much as I'd like to shut it down each time, this is the hospitality industry and the goal is to keep customers coming back... And keeping a tense smile plastered to my face.
- •When I start going on and on about whiskey, you say: "It's just surprising to hear a girl know so much about that stuff."Well, I'm a woman, and I just fucking schooled you.
- •When I start going on and on about beer, you say: "wow, most girls aren't into beer."Well, I'm a woman, and I am.
- •Alternatively, "how do you stay so skinny drinking all that beer?"I don't know, how do YOU stay so skinny drinking all that beer?
- •When I talk about food, "no way you eat that stuff!" Or even, "you're not a person who eats."I do. I am. ...sorry??? (Definitely not sorry)
- •"I love your tattoos!" Me: "thanks!" You: *grab my arm from across the bar to take a closer look.*Was that an invitation to touch me? No.
- •"Those jeans are MUCH better than the ones your usually wear! I love those."Ok, thanks.
- •"You should wear those more. Don't you want to look sexy?"Yup. I got it. Understood. Please stop.
- •"You're so beautiful/sexy/etc."Is that relevant? Who would say that to a male bartender? Or a male manager? I mean, I might. But that's me. This just makes me uncomfortable.
- •You: "Can I buy you a drink/dinner sometime?" Me: "I'm sorry, I'm not really interested." You: "oh, I'll change your mind."No you won't.
- •You: "Can I buy you a drink/dinner sometime?" Me: "I'm flattered, but I'm seeing someone right now." You: "you say that now, but lemme take you out and you'll see who the better choice is."Yeah. It's him. Not you.
- •I can't talk to you for 10 minutes straight. I have a job to do. And a full bar.
- •Have some fucking respect. I'm really good at what I do, let me do it.