THE BATSH*T CRAZIEST STUFF I'VE SEEN HAPPEN WHILE RUNNING A GERMAN BEER HALL 🍻🍺
Unfortunately, few of these are German-centric. Or fortunately. Who knows?
- •Jäger shotskiIt's four shots of jäger. In a ski. See 24 PROJECT VOL. 1 18:15 and 22:15 for photos.
- •I had to wear a dirndl for 5 concurrent Saturdays.See the above list.
- •The Kings of PrussiaOur Oktoberfest band. When they ran out of traditional songs, they played "99 Luftballons" and I danced. In a manner described as "full retard" by the German musicians. My inspiration for your de-stressor, Chris. It was very de-stressing.
- •Sleeping beautyA young woman threw up in our bathrooms twice. And fell asleep at her table. Twice. She was asked to leave. We got two scathing Yelp reviews from her friends.
- •The steakA regular brought me a monstrously large steak that he bought for me at a nearby butcher shop. He marinated it himself. It was delicious.
- •Burgundy SkiesOur resident funk band allowing me onstage to sing the rap portion of Bell Biv Devoe's "Poison." 4 times.
- •DJ Herr WolfmannI wanted him to go by DJ Morgen Latte. It means "morning wood."
- •WesI had to carry my boss' blacked-out 280lb. brother up a flight of stairs and into an uber. So I guess I didn't see it, but a lot of other people did, and apparently it was hilarious. And impressive!
- •The Kings of Prussia pt. 2Have you seen a German conga line? If not, you haven't lived.
- •The owner's girlfriend having a pillow fight on top of the bar with her homegirl at 4:00am. In lingerie.
- •Truth or Dare JengaA table of Arts Center kids wrote ToDs on each wooden piece, and played accordingly. I was bought a shot, was kissed, had my hair braided, and overheard many, many inappropriate outbursts.
- •HalloweenI was Ursula from The Little Mermaid, and one of my regulars deep-throated one of my tentacles.
- •WeihenstephanerA 21-year-old couldn't pronounce it, so he ordered the Gwen Stefani.