*to my other home, New York.
- •Hey! We're gross! We're on a plane! One of us got 2 hours of sleep last night! We most certainly did not shovel German chocolate cake into our mouths using our fingers in line for security!
- •Hi Miles!!Miles was VERY excited to see us.
- •He wanted to show me "us in Silverlake!"
- •But then: "eww, that's terrible!"(In reference to our cheese and salami breath) as he ran away.
- •This is an Ewok Nikki made "but she made it wrong."I don't know, Miles. That looks pretty good to me. (For someone who has never seen Star Wars)
- •"With the Jabba the Hut part, he made Leia take off her clothes.""Really? She wasn't wearing anything?" "Well, she was wearing a bikini with a skirt but nothing else! That's not very nice!"
- •"No! Not Optimus! I'm Chase, the police one!"This is actually super impressive when you consider he hasn't added the legs yet. Particularly fond of the milk carton gloves.
- •We made Lego creations."This is a ship that sits on the ocean floor and people being chased by sharks go inside so the sharks can't get in and then a big boat pulls them up by sucking them up so the sharks can't eat them and it's also Chase the police transformer." "That's super thoughtful of you, Miles." "I know."
- •Mommy reading "When the Crayons Came Home."Actually a really funny book.
- •I read him: "Rosie Revere, Engineer.""I can learn a lot from this book. Please read it again." Also, "what's a hickey?" Um... "You mean doohickey?" "Yes. What's a hickey?"
- •"This is a long book."-me, halfway through. Laughter from Maddie and Nikki.
- •"What did you say? Why is that funny?""No reason. Hush."
- •Bedtime."I couldn't ask for a better mommy."
- •Cheese: from flat to 2nd trimester in 25 minutes flat.THANKS, BRIE!
- •Then Maddie brought a glass of water to my bedside and Nikki literally tucked me in.
- •Not a bad first night. Not at all.