Panic Attacks Feel Like...
I had a panic attack at a train station today and once again was convinced I was gonna faint/die when I was actually just freaking out about the London to Twyford commute. I used to never talk about this stuff and then I did and realised I was NORMAL. What do they feel like to you/convince me I'm not dying please?!?
- •Like my head is spinning and going to explode or I'm going to faint or possibly just got off a very dizzy making roller coaster.
- •Like my heart is beating so fast and maybe I'm actually having a heart attack but it's just convincing me I'm having a panic attack so I don't get help and go to a hospital.
- •Like I need the loo.TMI?
- •Like there are loads of voices in my head telling me to calm down all at the same time but in a way that makes me TOTALLY NOT CALM DOWN AT ALL.
- •Like trying to walk down a very busy road while carrying very heavy bags and wearing 10 layers of very heavy clothes and just wanting to evaporate into thin air.Picture of me and Posy in previously mentioned train station just to give some visuals to this slightly crazy list.
- •PLEASE ADD STUFF.
- •LockjawSuggested by @joannaspicer
- •Loosing my breath in the ocean and every time I come up for air a bigger wave is coming and I try to swim under it but it catches me and spins me around and around until I am not sure which way is up for air.Suggested by @sally
- •Losing feeling between my knees and ankles so much so that I'm terrified to walk. As much as I try to count out my breathing, I can't and feel like I'm going to pass out and/or die. I can also feel it in my teeth(???) every time a panic attack is about to come on.Suggested by @RachelP
- •Like you're breathing in water."just breathe, just breathe. Deep breaths" says everyone. I'M FUCKING TRYING.Suggested by @jfout