Times I've Cried in Front of My Professors This Semester
'Twas a semester of really opening up and showing people just how bad at controlling emotions I truly am.
- •When we were learning about colonialism and the pain/racism/evil English people/more pain all just got a bit too much.
- •When my English lit professor asked me if I wanted him to recommend a doctor that I could see and I thought he meant a therapy doctor so I got super teary with the kindness.He actually meant a real doctor because I'd been sick the week before and then it got super awkward and odd.
- •When we were reading about the UVA rape articles.
- •When I tried to explain to my teacher why I've realised at the end of this semester that I am not and never will be a real journalist because I only really wanna write personal stuff.As you may have noticed from the content of this list.
- •When I was worried I'd picked the wrong subject for my research paper.
- •When my development studies teacher's best friend was assassinated by the Chinese government for trying to make things better in the world.
- •When I got very overwhelmed by the idea that it might not actually be possible to fix global poverty or save the world.I've since revised this thought.
- •When Ben from my journalism class finally came to our lessons dressed as their true gender and looked amazing.This was a big one.