Movies I Know by Heart
Yeah yeah I know these are pretty much all romantic comedies. I've seen these movies probably hundreds of times over my 28 years.
- •When Harry Met SallyI first saw this movie when I was 10 years old. Most of it went over my head of course, including the Katz deli scene. At the time my friend and I thought Sally just really liked her food.
- •Sleepless in SeattleBecause everyone loves Walter.
- •Father of the BrideSaw this when I was also 10ish and it was the first Steve Martin movie I had seen. After it I binged on his movies before that was even a verb. But seriously this movie is amazing. Plus a gorgeous wedding! I also just realized the other day that it's a Nancy Meyer movie!
- •Bridget Jones's DiaryBecause the Hugh Grant/Colin Firth fight scene is the best.
- •Billy MadisonGrowing up my favorite movies were pretty much either Adam Sandler movies or Meg Ryan.
- •Big DaddySee previous. Plus working in an Italian restaurant, I pretty much repeat this on the daily: "This is America. If you don't like spaghetti and meatballs you should just get the hell out!"
- •Almost FamousThis came out when I was in 8th grade and it pretty much solidified that I wanted to be a journalist. I probably wouldn't make it as a rock journalist. Or maybe as any kind of journalist, but dammit I wanted to be William Miller. Or at least his sister Anita.
- •Wet Hot American SummerI went to camp from ages 8 to 18. Enough said.
- •Mean GirlsForever changed how I would see pink shirts, Jingle Bell Rock, and Lady Smith Black Mambazo.
- •CluelessThis came out when I was 8. I became OBSESSED. I had a notebook filled with stories about Clueless.. But they were really just verbatim quotes like "You look like a farmer in those clothes."
- •The Royal TenenbaumsAnother movie that came out during my formative years that shaped who I am and what kind of comedy I love.
- •Beauty and the BeastIt will always be my #1 Disney movie.
- •Waiting for GuffmanCorky is the best.
- •My Best Friend's WeddingI saw it THREE TIMES in theaters! I was 11. And in love with Dermot Mulroney.