A WALK THROUGH MY HAIRSTYLES
Wow did I struggle with my hair. My mom is a white woman with an Afro and my dad had straight hair. Me and my four sisters have varying amount of curl to our hair that came out strong after the onset of puberty.
- •2- 6 years old pixie cutPixie cut also known as "why is that little boy wearing a dress?" Phase. My sister and I would take pajama bottoms or tights and wear them on our head. We would tie yarn bows on the ends so we looked liked we had braids. So desperate to be Laura Ingalls and have long beautiful hair. 👧🏻
- •6 -9 years old wedgeI really wanted a wedge cut. Just like Dorothy Hamill or Stacy K. in my class. Both ladies were perfect in my eyes. Stacy not only had the best Dorothy Hamill, but she had clogs and killer organization skills with her school work. Layer that with perfect handwriting and you had a girl who was everything I aspired to be. I admired her and Dorothy Hamill from afar. 👸🏻
- •10 - 12 years old long straight hair moving to more of a "style".Yes my glasses were that big too. 🤓
- •12 - 15 years old featheredThere was a progression here. Had to learn the way of the blow dryer, curling iron, and hot rollers. Many hours spent on trying to achieve the right look. 💇🏻
- •15 - 16 curly bobMadonna stage. Starting to accept the curl. Also the start of dyeing my hair. 🙈
- •16 - 29 years oldThe hair is accurate. This is clearly not me. 🙅🏻 Look at only the hair.
- •29 to presentEmbrace the curls! 🤘🏻