NICKNAMES I HAVE HAD
Some nicknames I have had through my life, many based off my short stature in grade school, or my last name.
- •SnicklefritzOne my parents called me when I was wee.
- •SkeeterboomAnother one from my parents. I should ask them where these came from.
- •ShrimpI was short on first grade! Ha ha!
- •Half PintI was still short in eighth grade competitive math tournaments! Ha ha ha ha!
- •Doctor Love
- •Love Doctor
- •Love MachineAn ironic name given to me in junior high, as I was anything but. It was good fun when my PE teacher, Ms. Calkins joined in calling me that (though without any malice). Alas, my sister got saddled with Love Machine 2 by Ms. Calkins five years later
- •Love Horse
- •Brother Love
- •Brother Hate
- •Sewer RatGiven to me by a guy who gave everyone a nickname on the late night shower head assembly line. I lucked out. Someone else got stuck with “Dirty Boner”
- •TwitchFrom a comic book a friend of mine and I tried putting together many many years ago, I used it a couple times when trying to buy drugs from strangers in unfamiliar cities. Many many years ago. THIS IS NOT WHAT I DO ANYMORE! I now have drugs flown in on my fleet of private jets (I kid! We have fun!) So now “Sewer Rat” seems more apt, yes?
- •Shamus MacFamilyGiven to me by the same guy I pretended to work on a comic with, as my drinking name. In return, I called him Tipsy MacStaggart. There was also Holden McGroin and Brandon McCalf, the latter because he tried branding his lower leg with a heated up, bent coat hangar, caught gangrene later that week, and went to the emergency room. LOOK, I HAVE A 401K NOW, ALL RIGHT? EVERYTHING IS FINE!
- •SchwaContraction of “Joshua” that my best friend at the time came up with. People still call me this. Even new friends, probably because I use it with online handles
- •Doctor Schwa LoveMy roller derby announcer name, something I did for about three years
- •SchwabertThe more formal version of “Schwa”
- •Soft DadGiven to me by a close friend, I think because I get worried about everyone getting home safe after a party is over / worry about everyone in general? I dunno. I don’t even have kids. I am too much of a mess to be responsible for the lives of children.