HISTORICAL INACCURACIES IN THE BROADWAY MUSICAL 'HAMILTON'
While Hamilton is hot stuff on Broadway right now, did you know that it plays fast and loose with actual historical facts?
- •Adams did not fire HamiltonHamilton resigned on his own because he had just auditioned for American Idol and had made the first round of cuts.
- •King George was not a good singerI mean, he was OK, but his falsetto was terrible and his vocal range in the show stretches any amount of believability.
- •Philip Hamilton was not killed in a duelHe died of injuries sustained when he was dropped from a dangerous height by an escaped Pteranodon on the island of Isla Nublar.
- •There were four Schuyler sistersThough the fourth (Volta) was eventually revealed to be a humanoid automaton created by Benjamin Franklin.
- •Marquis de LafayetteThe entire character of Lafayette is fictional and was added to the show when actor Daveed Diggs did the most hilarious French accent during casting.