BEST DONUT SHOPS IN CHICAGO
follow @donut_authority on Instagram
- 1.Doughnut VaultI'm a sucker for an old fashioned so this is my #1. Unique flavors (including a daily special), great food truck, moist throughout (stop pretending to hate the word moist). Only complaint is the ridiculously long lines at their hole in the wall location -- the adorable patio outside the shop, and obviously the donuts, make it worth it though.
- 2.Stan's DonutsThis place made me fall in love with donuts. Great locations, huge variety of flavors/types of donuts, friendly workers, and on weekends donut window is open late (@ wicker park location). I will admit that I have had a more high quality donut but that doesn't matter when it's filled with ridiculous amounts of Nutella and fresh banana slices.
- 3.Glazed and InfusedLocations all over the city make it convenient & the menu changes keep you coming back for more. I would go for either cake or old fashioned from them. A worker gave me a free donut my first time there so they truly love their customers!
- 4.FirecakesMight just be personal preference but I did not enjoy the yeast donut I tried (although toppings were good). The triple valrhona chocolate cake donut was 👍🏼 though. Known for their donut ice cream sandwiches but I have yet to try one. Great food truck too!
- 5.Bombo BarThis window attached to Bar Siena serves Italian bombolini (basically a round donut with filling) and coffee. I tried the salted caramel and it was amazing!! Will have to try other flavors.
- 6.Dinkel's BakeryThis place has been around for a long time and they know what they're doing. The chocolate cake donut I got was served warm and tasted great. I'll have to try more from here!
- 7.Do-Rite DonutsOnly one tiny location but good variety of donuts. Reasonable prices & best fritters. They often collab with celebrities or political figures to make a special donut for the week. The old fashioned donuts I've tried have all been a little dry but the glaze on top partially made up for it.
- 8.Beaver's DonutsThe donuts are mini and served with your choice of topping. The cinnamon sugar tasted pretty good but every other topping was a bit too much (flavor and price). They do have a food truck.