Albums I'm enjoying in the first half of 2016 that aren't from the first half of 2016
I'm almost always really great at keeping up with new music. Some years I use spreadsheets and download 10 or so albums a week. Other years I do just a normal amount of keeping up. This year, from fatigue I think, I have not. Instead, I've been enjoying old favorites or new favorites from long ago, free from the pressure of having a Hot Take.
- •Carole King - TapestryOne of the few things my mom played while I was growing up. It's just as amazing and beautiful as ever. Go check it out!
- •Kacey Musgraves - Pageant MaterialThis album came out last year and I basically just haven't stopped listening to it since. Go check it out!
- •The Carpenters - A Song For YouSomehow I've gone my whole life without getting into the Carpenters and oh my god was that a mistake. Go check it out!
- •Carly Rae Jepsen - KissObviously I've been bumping E•Mo•Tion three or four times a week since it came out, but this year I went back to Kiss and it's so much stronger than I remember. Go check it out!
- •The Beach Boys - Pet SoundsOf course this never really leaves my rotation, but with this year being the 50th anniversary, I've been especially into it again. Go check it out!
- •Prefab Sprout - Protest SongsSecretly the best album from secretly the best band. Go check it out!
- •Hanson - Shout It OutSo. Good! Go check it out!
- •Fred Astaire - The Astaire Story (vol. 1 & 2)Recordings made with Astaire and a small jazz combo (including Oscar Peterson on piano) in the 50s of most of his best songs. Go check it out!
- •Coldplay - Their whole discography tbhFuck the haters
- •Mandy Moore - Amanda LeighMandy Moore's last album. Co-written/ produced by Mike Viola. Go check it out!