Five Things to Say Post-screening to Director Friends Whose Films You Kind of Hated
- •The Misdirected Compliment: "It looks amazing! Who shot it?"
- •The Factual Query: "Who played the old woman in the library scene? She looks familiar."
- •The Social Deflection (or Quick Exit): "Thanks for inviting me. Hey, we should get together soon. I'll call you."
- •The Unclear Comparison: "You know, I was watching "Harold and Maude" last night. Ashby really knew how to handle character."
- •The Inarguable Statement of Fact: "Wow, you have made a movie."