MY DOG'S REVISION OF FIVE CLASSIC POEM TITLES
Lucky Glauber is the beautiful, sensitive black lab that my partner and I coparent. When Lucky gets a few minutes free, he enjoys reading poetry but often puzzles over the titles. He's recently taken to revising some of his favorites.
- •Stopping by woods on a snowy evening to pee by Robert FrostObv.
- •The road not taken because you won't let me off the f*cking leash by Robert FrostHe really likes Frost.
- •I am shut out of mine own food storage container by Christopher BrennanIt's got a really well-sealed lid that vexes the poor dog.
- •I cannot live with you, so I live above you by Emily DickinsonHe means to say that to tolerate living with humans, he simply asks us to recognize his superiority.
- •I have loved flowers that fade because I've peed upon them by Robert BridgesPee is an important theme in his revisions.