MY FAVORITE BIT OF U.S. PRESIDENT TRIVIA
8 Presidents died in office. 7 of those were elected in a year ending in a multiple of 20. Another barely escaped an assassination attempt.
- •1840: William Henry HarrisonOpted to not wear a hat at his inauguration in 1841. Poor move. Died of the pneumonia 30 days later.
- •1860: Abraham LincolnAssassinated by John Wilkes Booth in 1865. Actors, man.
- •1880: James GarfieldLasagna overdose. No? Oh - shot at a train station in 1881, died several months later.
- •1900: William McKinleyShot in Buffalo in 1901. The Secret Service was FINALLY created following his death.
- •1920: Warren G. HardingAllegedly poisoned by his wife in 1923 because he had a side piece. Meteorologists in the area reported "it was a clear black night, a clear white moon."
- •1940: Franklin Delano RooseveltDied in office in 1945 from a brain hemorrhage. This was in his 4th term - if not for the stroke, he'd by all accounts still be President today.
- •1960: John F. KennedyAssassinated in 1963 by at least one person with a magic bullet. During a televised motorcade. Bad day.
- •1980: Ronald ReaganA fellow SAG member and Goodie Mob fan, he was hospitalized but survived getting shot in 1981.
- •2000: George W. BushChoked on a pretzel in 2002 while watching an NFL playoff game.