MY TRIP TO SAN FRANCISCO
Just got back from a refreshing, exciting trip to the Bay Area. San Francisco, you are a charming one.
- •Interviewed Noah ChoWriter for The Atlantic, NPR Code Switch, and others. Responsible for one of my favorite articles of 2015: http://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2015/11/middle-school-woes/415482/
- •Interviewed Bonnie TsuiWriter for the @nytimes, The Atlantic, and others. Author of "American Chinatown" and another one of my favorite articles of 2015: http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/12/14/magazine/choose-your-own-identity.html?referer=&_r=0
- •Went on a run from Baker's Beach to the Golden Gate Bridge.
- •And found the spot where my grandfather was standing in this picture from 25 years ago.
- •Chapel of the ChimesRoom after room, chamber after chamber of beautifully haunting scenery.
- •Mountain View CemeteryWhat a gorgeous park in Oakland.
- •Burma Superstar dinnerA delicious meal. Even better conservation. In talking about the interviews and the podcast, the conversion inevitability shifted to cultural identity. I feel so lucky to have friends engage in such meaningful, considerate, explorative discourse about stuff that matters. At one point, everyone at the table had said the phrase, "Oh. I've never thought of it that way before." Let it always be like this.
- •Mission HeirloomA friend just opened this restaurant in Berkeley. We agreed that the way we felt sitting in this space is the way we'd like to feel sitting everywhere else in the world.
- •Shangri-La VeganWhat a spot. One meal that changes each day based on the chef and farm. You simply order the size of that meal. So good for the soul.
- •Blue BottleSaturday night co-working hours. Edited and wrote for Mass + Volume Episode 1.
- •Sightglass coffeeSunday night co-working hours. Prepped for interview, finished reading "Mona in the Promised Land" by Gish Jen.
- •Coffee barMonday morning co-working hours. Met a friend and talked filmmaking. Big things on her horizon.
- •Not quite ready to drink this tea
- •The banner.
- •So close.
- •Desiigner Snacks
- •Brunch at 6IX