THE MIDNIGHT 11-MILER I JUST RAN OR WHY I LOVE THE THINGS I LOVE
One for each turning point.
- 1.I flew solo.
- 2.I felt like the city was mine.Running down the middle of Hollywood Blvd and La Brea Avenue. Stopping at zero red lights. Running past empty LACMA. It's such a different LA experience.
- 3.No one else is doing it right now.
- 4.It takes everything I've got just to keep up.And I can keep as fast a pace as I want, for as long as I want.
- 5.Some people think it's dangerous.It's not.
- 6.Or crazy.It's not.
- 7.Or difficult.It's not.
- 8.Or boring."You'd have a lot more credibility if you had any credibility." -via Tracy Letts
- 9.It helps cut through whatever layers of bullshit I may be carrying at the time.The mind and heart both physically and figuratively active. Makes me feel like myself.
- 10.Tomorrow, I'll feel it. Maybe the next day. And it'll hurt a little. But he thought of it will make me so happy.And I'll do it again.