THINGS I PACKED ON THIS ROAD TRIP
Because going somewhere magically creates 80 extra hours in the day, right? Ranked in order of Should Have Left At Home-ness.
- 1.Box of unopened mailI ceremoniously open all mail sent to my house in the last week of the year.
- 2.Box of unread GQ MagazinesI ceremoniously unwrap all the GQ magazines and then throw them away in the last week of the year.
- 3.Box of liquor"I stopped drinking this year - here are 15 partially-consumed bottles of liquor. Merry Christmas!"
- 4.Six JacketsHave yet to wear a coat this year. Excited for the first opportunity! I brought 3 The North Face, 2 running, 1 fleece, and 1 denim jacket.
- 5.Yoga matSo much yoga to practice.
- 6.Acoustic guitarSo many new cover songs to learn.
- 7.Camera + LensesSo many photo essays planned.
- 8.Podcast setupSo many podcasts to record.
- 9.Movie ScreenersYou guys feel like an unreleased movie? How about 17 of them?
- 10.Three NovelsI'm almost done with James Baldwin's "Another Country" - as soon as I finish it, I'm apparently going to read "Loving Day" by Mat Johnson and "City on Fire" by Garth Risk Hallberg. More than 1400 pages in all. No big deal.