Observations About San Pedro
It's been almost a month since we moved here and here are my observations so far. -Makoto
- •It's super windyThat coastal living!
- •Everyone has outdoor pet birdsSeriously. Every other house on our block has some sort of parrot, parakeet, or finch in a cage in their front yard. Should we get one now too?
- •So much pizza.Counted 5 mom and pop pizza stores on an 8 block walk. Have already tried one place that specializes in "happy rolls" which are like Italian burrito calzones. Favorite so far is Bonellos (happy rolls) and Phillie Bs (fresh calzones!)
- •So little ironyOur past life in echo park meant being surrounded by irony. Way less of it here.
- •Tweeker quotientSo high. Literally and figuratively. Is it meth? Speed? Bath salts?
- •But I'm completely in love with this placeAnd want an outdoor bird.