Ten English Majors You Might Not Have Predicted
To major in English is to major in life, love, beauty, and well-crafted BS. We may all be cafe baristas, but we're self-aware baristas, and we'll always spell your name correctly. Here are ten who found a different path.
- 1.Bradley Cooper. Sexiest man alive. BA English, Georgetown.
- 2.Mark Knopfler. Guitarist and singer in Dire Straits. English, University of Leeds.
- 3.Kane. Professional wrestler. English Literature, Northeast Missouri State.
- 4.Michael Eisner. Former Disney CEO. BA English, Denison.
- 5.Sally Ride. Astronaut. BA English and BS Physics, Stanford.
- 6.Paul Simon. Garfunkel's pal. English Literature, Queens College.
- 7.Robert Herjavec. Shark. English and Political Science, New College (Toronto).
- 8.John Cho. Mr. Sulu. English, UC Berkeley.
- 9.Amerie. Musician. English and Fine Arts, Georgetown.
- 10.Anna Faris. Mom. English, Washington.