Ten English Majors You Might Not Have Predicted
To major in English is to major in life, love, beauty, and well-crafted BS. We may all be cafe baristas, but we're self-aware baristas, and we'll always spell your name correctly. Here are ten who found a different path.
- •Bradley Cooper. Sexiest man alive. BA English, Georgetown.
- •Mark Knopfler. Guitarist and singer in Dire Straits. English, University of Leeds.
- •Kane. Professional wrestler. English Literature, Northeast Missouri State.
- •Michael Eisner. Former Disney CEO. BA English, Denison.
- •Sally Ride. Astronaut. BA English and BS Physics, Stanford.
- •Paul Simon. Garfunkel's pal. English Literature, Queens College.
- •Robert Herjavec. Shark. English and Political Science, New College (Toronto).
- •John Cho. Mr. Sulu. English, UC Berkeley.
- •Amerie. Musician. English and Fine Arts, Georgetown.
- •Anna Faris. Mom. English, Washington.