TOP 3 FAVORITE MOVIES
In no particular order. Also, more than 3.
- •Willy Wonka and the Chocolate FactoryThe reveals. No lie, I catch something new from Wilder every time I watch this. A quote, a quip, a glance. Every time. And I watch it a lot.
- •The VillagePeople don't get this movie and usually never talk to me again after I insist on its importance. The violin. The courage in so many spots. The hands. The hidden protagonist.
- •Children of MenBest line: "It's not working." From despair to hope, no more no less. Doesn't get much better than this.
- •In BrugesRedeeming those beyond redemption. And that music. And that scenery.
- •Star Wars: A New HopeI know everyone loves Empire. But that image of a golden man wandering across the sand... simply epic. Oh and spaceships.
- •Chasing AmyI seriously believe watching this in high school made me become a better person. A confused, foul-mouthed better person.
- •Science of SleepBest line: "And all those types of ships." We don't give our dreams the eminence they deserve.
- •Shoot the Piano PlayerAnother one with amazing music. And maybe the best and earliest example of my favorite style of storytelling: breakneck shifts from sad to hilarious to absurd and back again.
- •Wizard of OzBest reveal of all time. The songs. The point: the answer was with you all along. Why was another movie ever made?
- •Play It Again, SamLove Woody in this. Bogart as his imaginary friend. Love imaginary friends.
- •Jurassic ParkI wanted to be Goldblum 20 years ago.
- •Star Trek: First ContactBest English accent whisper shout of all time: "The line must be drawn he-ah!" And that moment with Data when he confesses how long he considered betraying everything he believed in. Oh and spaceships.
- •StagecoachEven though this movie is old as shit it still makes me laugh. And so it also makes this list.