A Great Getaway in West Sonoma and Marin
I've got a piece in this week's Bay Area Reporter but for the rest of you, here you go.
- •Nick's CoveThe restaurant is fine but it's worth the very steep price to stay in one of the quaint cabins over Tomales Bay.
- •Hog Island Oyster CoA shucking good time. Reserve a table for a group. Nearby Tomales Bay Oyster Co is equally recommendable.
- •The Marshall StoreAll around good seafood and meats from the smoker.
- •Rocker Oysterfeller'sNo joke possibly my favorite restaurant on earth. Not fancy, but good and just plain fun.
- •FishetarianDefinitely the best chowder and a proper fry job.
- •Spud Point Crab Co.Gets all the attention for their chowder but Fisherman's Cove next door is as good and less busy.
- •Wild Flour BakeryAwesomely hearty, hippie-grade breads.
- •Osmosis Day SpaRest in beds of fermenting cedar chips. A very unusual but ethereal experience.
- •The coast in generalIt's pretty amazing.